Friday, June 27, 2008

Sunday: Work Day

June 8, while our beloved Redding Adventist Academy holds commencement services, we are working to build a church. All it takes is one brick at a time.

I have been assigned to the Left panel behind the platform...and the first seven courses go up pretty quickly. A while later, I'm having trouble holding the brick to the string, and my wall develops a large bow...outward. I finally remove 5 courses...and turn the job over to one of the local Maranatha employees to fix. I work on the side wall with Rebekah, who is building in the afternoon, after finishing VBS in the morning.



At the end of the day we can look back at our work...and know we've done our best and made good progress at constructing a church that will be a meaningful contribution to this community.

Go Rebekah!
Go Kris!
Go Team!

No comments: